Performing a thorough due diligence on a potential acquisition is one of the most important tasks that a buyer needs to do when making a purchase decision. We’ve put together a list of items that buyers will want to investigate when talking to a seller.
This is part of a large series. Be sure to scan our Buyers Blog for the category Due Diligence.
Now we’re moving on into the final bits and pieces of Due Diligence, the policies and procedure that weren’t surfaced in the previous sections.
– Obtain the accounting policies and procedures manual.
– Review all key accounting policies to ensure that they comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
– Obtain the standard offer letter format, the standard termination letter format, and the employment application form.
– Obtain the human resources policies relating to sexual harassment, background investigations, and drug testing.
– Review internal controls and separation of duties
Do you know what your business is worth? Find out quickly with our online business valuation tool. No strings attached! https://www.sellmymsp.com